Monday, September 10, 2007

Help Sarah to improve her writing skill - first draft

After reading Sarah’s diaries for two weeks, I am on a mission to help her. The reason is simple; I can not stand that I’d have to take several deep breaths to hold my temper while reading her several “then”, “after that” repeatedly. It is time to stop the free writing and for me to step in to help her.
Not being a good writer myself would definitely hold back the progress. However, a mission is a mission, I am determined. There are several steps that I am planning to take,

Explain to her constantly on how important writing skill is, in term of laying out the thoughts on paper to communicate with others, using the correct terminologies to express the ideas without letting the readers misinterpreted, and more.
Spend quality time together on writing one event per day. Explain the art of language while editing her work.
The last but not the least, give her time to improve, encourage and applause her, lower the standard.

I am looking forward to a six-month evaluation. Hopefully Sarah can write some meaningful short essays then.

1 comment:

宝贝乖 said...

Admire. 1st draft ah...