Saturday, August 25, 2007

Day Three August 20, 2007 – Animal Kingdom

All four of us were exhausted after a long day. Kathy woke up the earliest around 7, and then fell asleep soon after climbed up to our bed. We arrived at the Animal Kingdom shortly after 10 AM. We rented a stroller again today. Here I have to say that Disney staffs are really nice and helpful. While we were waiting in the line for the stroller, I asked a lady where to pick up the park map. She gave me the direction. I thanked her. Soon she came back with 4 maps and wished me a happy day in the park. I shared the maps with the parents behind me. Thought maps could be found at a lot of places; the thoughtful lady will be remembered and thanked by us for a long time. During the entire time we were in the park, no matter where we went, staffs were extremely helpful. I have to say that those people make the Disney more attractive to the world. Kids were greeted warmly everywhere. Strollers were right at the exit after every show we went at the Animal Kingdom. Staffs were pretty much everywhere at the playground to ensure the safety of the kids. The parks were made so convenient for the parents with young kids.

The girls enjoyed the DinoLand so much that they almost got on every ride. There were couple rides had height restrictions. Kathy was sort of confused why she could not ride with Sarah. The big orange dinosaur is a great landmark when we got lost. Discovery Island is famous for this big huge fancy fake tree. Well, there was also a 3D show called “It’s tough to be a bug”. Both girls were scared by the loud noise and the objects brought right in front your face by the special glasses. This is definitely too much for young kids. Lion King Show at the Camp Minnie-Mickey, and the Finding Nemo Musical Show at the DinoLand were two must to see. Both kids enjoyed the shows every much. The girls even sang with the performers. I could tell that Sarah came out some tunes, and Kathy sang purely without a tune at all. But she enjoyed. After the show, the little girl insisted to say good-bye to the big fake animals. I had to follow her around the big room to wave bye-bye to those unreal things. Laugh.

Animal Kingdom is much smaller than Magic Kingdom. One day in the park should be enough to cover all the rides and shows. Kathy took a good nap on the way from the Rafiki’s Planet Watch to the Finding Nemo Show, and half of the show. She woke up in the middle and enjoyed the rest of the show happily. The discovery play ground is a must go for energetic kids. I was afraid that I would end up asking the staffs there to find my kids for me. Coz in a blink, the girls were high somewhere on the third level, or one girl was running to the left and the other hopping to the right. It is a good place to burn kid’s energy to put them to nap.

There was no good restaurant in the Animal Kingdom Park. Burgers and Pizza were pretty much the main stream. Dining outside of the park tends to be a good idea. And the park closes at 6:30 PM anyway. We went to Black Angus Steak House on Rt. 192 for diner. My, I have to say that this restaurant had just the right steak I love. Steve was surprised that I finished my Cowgirl Cut. It was my first time ever that I ate up the whole piece of the steak in any restaurant or at home. Steaks here were much better cooked than those from Outback or Lone Star. Black Angus’ services were above average, and more important, it was kids friendly. 15 % off coupon could be found in the coupon book at Billy Boy’s or the visitor’s centers. The restaurant brought back the memory of Okalahoma.

Oh, and by the way, I found the best way to loose weight. Put on that Mickey Mouse outfit and do the Mickey dance everyday for couple weeks in the temperature of 95, I could lose all my 50 some pounds of fat without any problem. And will never get them back again. LOL.

No comments: