Monday, May 30, 2005

My Sweet Sarah

Bay Bridge

There was a joke between my husband and me about the Bay Bridge. Steve is scared of the Bay Bridge, the height of the Bay Bridge. On August 12, 2004, Steve and I took that bridge when we drove to my on-site interview for my current job with the State. After drove thru the bridge, I saw he sweated.
The bridge was kind of high above the water and narrower than any of the others we ever drove thru before. In the link below, there are quite a few of the pictures of the bridge.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com/Chesa_Bay_Bridge_Photos.html

I always think my Sarah is not a sweet girl since she seems to be more a careless person, a Tommy girl until last Saturday.

On the Memorial long weekend, we decided to take the girls to visit their grandparents and other relatives in New York. To avoid the heavy traffic, we took the Rt 50 which made us to take the Bay Bridge. On the way to NY, I talked about how Daddy scares of the Bay Bridge to Sarah. When we came back the next day, right before the bridge, I warned Steve, “here is the Bay Bridge, be prepared.” Right after I finished my sentence, Sarah asked her Daddy to play magic using the straw’s paper cover with her, and play the straws like swords too. So when our car was driving on the bridge, Sarah and Daddy were happily playing. When we approach to the end of the bridge, Sarah said to her Dad, “so you are not afraid of the bridge any more.” After made sure her Daddy is not scared any more. My little sweet girl took a nap. I was so touched about what she had done. To make her Daddy not be afraid, she tricked her Daddy to play with her to divert his attention from the bridge to something more fun. What a sweet girl she is!

No comments: